GREAT LAKES BAY HISPANIC LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
Established in 2009, the Great Lakes Bay Hispanic Leadership Institute, a nonprofit organization, is a community leadership organization in the Great Lakes Bay Region and is highly regarded throughout the region. GLBHLI program directors and graduates represent all sectors of our community and are dedicated to providing leadership that is dynamic, meaningful, and relevant. The Great Lakes Bay Hispanic Leadership Institute promotes the individual development of Great Lakes Bay Region Hispanics for increased participation in leadership roles. Last year alone the members logged over 1800 volunteer hours in the community as the program works to inspire young leaders to become involved and be part of the solution.
The GREAT LAKES BAY HISPANIC LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE provides individuals the opportunity to develop the skills and relationships to become effective leaders and provide a program that prepares and supports highly skillful visionary leaders who improve their lives and the community.
The GREAT LAKES BAY HISPANIC LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE will advance ethical, diverse, and collaborative leadership for the future of our community. We will develop a comprehensive program that supports participant learning. We value student development, collaboration, and professionalism.
Goals & Objectives:
- Enhance leadership, involvement, and social responsibility.
- Generate future leaders to represent the Hispanic Community
- Expose the participants to Business, Corporations, and Opportunities throughout the Great Lakes Bay Region.
- Promote Higher Education, Career Planning and Personal Development
- Build community spirit with participants.
- Facilitate opportunities for participants to experience and practice collaborative leadership, with an emphasis on developing communication skills and an appreciation for diversity.
- To develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- To help participants identify their personal strengths and for them to become leaders.
- To develop a group of leaders that will become members of this committee for longevity and mentors to others in the community.